Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How Many CDs I've Bought This Year

So, since the music industry's attacks on its customers began, and since they've made it more and more difficult to download music on the internet, that probably means I've bought a lot more of their CDs recently, right?

Well, except for no. I haven't bought any CDs this year. And I'll tell you why.

I haven't been able to "borrow" as many "cds" from my close "friend" this year. So I haven't been able to find music that I care about nearly so much. Back in the day, when I was borrowing cds left and right? I was also *buying* cds left and right, more than I ever had before, and more than I have since. If the RIAA wants my money? They should give me back my AudioGalaxy (or rather, return the manhood they so callously neutered from it). Or at least give me back my Demonoid.

Of course, I was never really one to buy the latest Back Street Boys or the new Eminem or whatever is that people who listen to the radio are forced to listen to nowadays. So probably the RIAA doesn't care about my money. Which is fine. Because they won't be getting it. So there.

Addendum: I actually remembered that I did indeed buy one album this year: at Christmas, I got an itunes gift certificate, and bought an album by the Warsaw Village Band. I don't know whether or not the RIAA made any money from the purchase, but I rather hope not. Also. Care to guess how I found out about the Warsaw Village Band?

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Actually, the RIAA didn't take your Demonoid. But I totally see where you're coming from and this post just reinforces my belief that hardcore music pirates buy more music than people who don't download.