Friday, July 27, 2007

The Laptop Is Dead

1. The hinges on my laptop are completely done for. The monitor will not stand up, but flops back and forth. This, however, isn't the main problem, because,

2. The monitor itself is pretty much dead. Aside from the occasional flash of normal color, the monitor shows everything in a shade of gritty purple. This makes viewing anything difficult, but that's okay, because

3. My computer shuts down every five minutes or so anyway. It takes a little longer if I'm not doing anything with it, but the downside then is that I'm not doing anything with it.

In other words, my posts might be irregular for another week or two.

But I would like to take the time to mention that I'd hate if anyone read my last post and thought, because of it, that I don't like the Hogwarts Chronicles. I am voraciously reading the last book, and enjoying it rather a lot -- as I have enjoyed the rest of the series to this point. I just don't think it's a flawless series, and the depiction of magic in it is a particular aggravation to me. Still, the books are quite fun and engaging.

1 comment:

kaleb70 said...

Dell Inspiron?

1. I think Dell may have a recall associated with this. When my monitor hinges had problems, they were very interested in knowing if it was loose and flopping around. Unfortunately, those weren't the symptoms in my case. But they seemed to be suggesting that I really ought to answer "Yes."

2. That may be related to (1), which you may be able to get fixed at a very cut rate.

3. Your CPU may be overheating--I had this problem. Get a can of compressed air and thoroughly blow out the fan and anything else that looks like ventilation.