Monday, August 6, 2007

Long Live the Laptop

Behold my new computer:

Dell Vostro 1700
  • Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 ghz processor
  • 17" Wide Screen monitor
  • 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
  • 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT video card
  • 160GB hard drive
  • Windows Vista Home Basic (soon to be dual-booted with Ubuntu Linux)
  • 8X CD/DVD burner
  • Wireless card yadda yadda...I already have a plenty nice one if the default choice isn't sufficient here.
  • Integrated 2.0 megapixel web camera

Drawback: I have to wait till the 16th to get it.

It also needs a name. I was thinking "Nyarlaphotop" (Pron. "N'-yar-lap-ho-top"), but I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

Samuel Axon said...

Sweet Lord, that smashes my computer into a barely noticeable, pitiful pile of dust. Congrats.

Michael Harrel said...

Did I mention it also has a 10-key number pad?

Hannah said...

Have fun lugging a 17-incher around with you everywhere. I was actually kind of grateful when my PowerBook died because good God was it heavy.

I call my MacBook Shepherd Book, but that only works because duh, it's a MacBook.